Determine your type of cabinets, this information will help you determine how to measure your doors as well as the type of hinges needed for each of the cabinet styles.
- Face Frame cabinets:
- Framed cabinets have a frame around the front edge of the cabinet box, usually between 1 ½” to 2” wide.
- The Hinge Plate is attached to the frame. The hinge is attached to the routered door hole. The overlay of the frame by the door determines the size of your openning. Example:
- A ½” overlay hinge is used on door which overlay the frame on all sides by ½”. This is the most common overlay size.
- Frameless - European Style (Full-overlay) cabinets:
- Frameless cabinets do not have a face frame around it.
- Hinges are mounted on the side on the inside of the cabinet box. A European hinge is used with frameless cabinet.
How to order video: